The story behind GoFiit Nutrition
GoFiit is a healthy prep meal company that delivers tasty, restaurant-quality food to your door. No preservatives, no processed food, no nonsense. It was founded by a firefighter and a restauranteur. An unlikely pairing, maybe. But both have an incredible passion for healthy food, living well, and achieving.
The firefighter, Andrew, and Eron the restaurateur met in their early 20s at a kickboxing class. Andrew taught the class, was nationally ranked in kickboxing and was studying for a sports science degree. Eron was already a Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do and wanted a new challenge. After the class, Eron had one question for Andrew: “How do you get your arms that size?!” There was no doubt that Eron was physically fit. He began each of his training sessions with ‘a quick 5k run’. He could keep pace with Andrew in training. And he figured that, because of all that exercise, he could eat whatever he wanted. Pizza, curries, burgers. Surely the ‘quick 5k’ cancelled out the bad effects of that diet – right? But despite his training, Eron still had a bit of a belly. He wanted rid.
Meet the Team
RD (MSc, BSc, SENr) Product Development
Robbie is a Registered Dietitian and a Sports Nutritionist BDA Diabetes Specialist Group Qualified Chef
Robbie works as part of the team as a specialised sports nutritionist alongside his full-time job as a registered dietitian in the NHS
Having initially started out as a chef from school, his love of food, cooking and a passion to learn more about how nutrition can benefit both health and sporting performance led him to his current career in nutrition
Co-Founder, Head of Operations
- Eron has over 20 years of experience in the hospitality industry as an entrepreneur and consultant
- He has significant expertise in building a business from conception, foundation stage through to successful launch and helping them achieve year on year growth.
- His consultancy work involves him successfully bringing innovative solutions to failing businesses to achieve profitability
- His passions and values are based on the creation of nutritious meals without compromising on taste or quality. He has dedicated his life to the maintenance of elite athletic performance and how the body converts nutrients to fuel, for healthy and optimal living
- He is currently holds a 6th degree Black belt in Taekwondo and teaches regular weekly classes.
Business Development & Marketing
- Andrew has 20 years experience in the health and fitness industry where his personal accolades include him being a former international swimming champion, kickboxing blackbelt and former top-3 ranked light heavyweight England kickboxer
- He previously secured local government funding for an innovative athlete support program, integrating training and nutrition to support young athletes transitioning to the demands of elite competition; graduates progressed to become World, European and British Champion combat athletes, international rugby players and national athletics champions
- He also developed a specialist exercise referral program across Hertfordshire which pioneered the introduction of Phase 4 Cardiac Rehabilitation scheme to support post-operative patients regaining their health through exercise
The Macronutrient Approach
Andrew told him his nutrition had to change. Andrew explained the positive results from eating meals based around the building blocks of a healthy human body: fat, carbs and protein. When the three work in perfect balance – known as the macronutrient approach – you’re able to achieve far more than you thought previously possible. The years passed. The 5ks continued. Though Eron was stronger than ever, the belly remained. Reluctantly, Eron agreed to take Andrew’s advice and follow his approach to nutrition. The result? No more belly. Shredded abs and a great physique.
The Perfect Combination
Despite the demands of their professional lives, Eron and Andrew kept health, fitness and great nutrition at the core of everything they did. They ran half marathons and Tough Mudders together. They set themselves the challenge of being in their best shape ever when they turned forty. But when they looked around at all their fellow fitness enthusiasts, they realised that though their peers trained hard, they were not getting the results they wanted. It was Eron’s story time and time again. But this time, they had the answer. And so GoFiit Nutrition was born. Andrew’s experience and training combined with Eron’s catering know-how was the perfect combination. They could provide delicious, prep meals tailored to the individual, help people to get the results they want and to get healthier in the process.
Our food is about achieving goals; our vision is about who you become in pursuit of those goals. Food plays such a huge role in living healthier, happier and longer. Our meals are designed around your goals and your nutritional needs, helping you to progress along your journey – whatever that journey may be.